…from my blog.
Ok, folks, its that time
again for the first time – I listed my blog on a resume.
No, really. Yes, I know, I have hentai reviews on here. Yes, I know, I have tons of posts about BL. And, yes, I know, I have a tendency to use “racy” pictures… but that last one’s ok, ’cause they’re just animated characters!
Wait… or that makes it worse…. hmm….
Ahem. I shall now attempt to not be a total ass-hat for once. And, yes, there’s a really good chance a person who I’m trying to get to hire me is reading this very post. But, folks, honesty is the best policy, right?
In case, however, it should appear that I am only capable of dippy content, here are some of my better posts over the past few years (GGS turns three in three months!):
- Abel and Cain, Vampire and Priest
- Drag You to Hell: Gender in Jigoku Shoujo
- Re-writing the Textbooks: Revisionism in Senkou no Night Raid?
- The Failure of the Light Novel in America
- Queer Identity in Manga
- Sexual Progressivism in Sailor Moon
- The Modern Bystander: Third-Person Orientalism in Kuroshitsuji
And the fun trifecta:
- The Massive Shiki Retrospective: The Depiction of Suicide in Shiki
- A Fast, Slow Drop: Suicide as Depicted in Durarara!!
- Laughing to Death: Suicide as Depicted in Paranoia Agent
And in case there’s a need for a pick-me-up:
Hmm, and for some reason I left out ‘Darker than Black has lots of hot people’. Wonder why?