And everything else.
Everything that didn’t really fit in elsewhere, or which I just forgot to mention.
- there comes a time in every young woman’s life where they will run into one of their soliders at an anime con while they, the young woman, will be dressed as a fifteen year old vampire which happens to involve a bright red corset and a black miniskirt
- someone tried to take my picture without asking me; folks, many of us do not mind if you take our picture while we are cosplaying… just ASK first – would you want someone taking a picture of you without asking first?
- I forgot to call Funimation out on the fact that the screenshot they used from Fractale to advertise their streaming capabilities depicted Nessa kissing Phyrne; so classy, Funi… and not at all misleading about that show’s content!
- I was going to buy the behold corn show, but I was out of money by then -_-;
- I would’ve really, really, really loved to have seen panels by both Nozomi and by Vertical. I would like to stress that I understand that both are relatively small outfits (although Vertical is now owned by Kodansha, so they theoretically have access to more cash), and that this is a wish as opposed to a demand or complaint or something such as that. Vertical did have a rep at the con (Ed Chavez), and he did appear on a few panels… but I would’ve really enjoyed the opportunity to hear him speak directly about Vertical and answer questions about Vertical (full disclosure: I was at a panel he was on, but was to shy to walk up to him afterward and gush about Vertical to him uguu~). Nozomi didn’t have anyone there, although I will continue to hold out hope every year that Right Stuf will have a booth in the dealers room and that they will bring some of their Nozomi staff along with them to do a panel. I would much, much rather hear what the Nozomis and Verticals (and the Yens and the DMP’s and the AnimEigos) of the marketplace have to say than the Funis do. And, yes, it does have to do with the fact that those smaller outfits tend to give us more intriguing, niche titles =)
- the coda to my rooming experience at AB is that I received a text from one of my room-mates yesterday about whether I used Skype or not and I ignored it
In case you are wondering, that picture above is a self-portrait. Beautiful, huh? And, yes, I tagged this partially as “gundam jiggly zero” although that gundam body there is not of the Wing Zero. SHUT UP, I DO NOT CARE.